The LOJ Conversions Gen III/IV Chevrolet LS Engine into 300ZX Non-Turbo Basic Swap kit is the most economical engine installation package available for the 1990-1996 Nissan 300ZX Non-Turbo. This kit has been engineered specifically for the 300ZX to make the installation of your LS engine as simple as possible. Every component required to successfully bolt an LSx Gen 3 or 4 engine into your Non-Turbo 300ZX is included with this kit.
This kit uses a GM 4L60E Automatic Transmission
The BASIC Kit Includes:
- LOJ LSx to 300ZX Motor Mounts (CNC Cut and Bent Motor Mount Brackets, Billet Aluminum Mount Pedestals with Energy Suspension Polyurethane Inserts, Brackets are powdercoated for durability and include hardware)
- LOJ LSx to 300ZX Swap Transmission Mount for 4L60E Transmission (CNC Cut and Bent, Powdercoated, includes Hardware and Energy Suspension Mount)
- LOJ LSx to 300ZX Oil Pan (6.5qt* Capacity, Road Race Baffling, Anti-Slosh Baffling, Dipstick, Pickup Tube, Gasket, Hardware - Zinc-Plated Steel Construction)
- LOJ LSx Swap Heater Block (to prevent cavatation induced overheating from Nissan heat control valve)
- LOJ LSx to 300ZX Heater Core Outlets
Non-Turbo Steel Driveshaft Included (Aluminum Upgrade Available)
* Capacity can vary from 6.0 to 7.0 quarts depending on oil filter relocation setup and use of an oil cooler or not
Use of GM Transmissions require SIGNIFICANT modifications to transmission tunnel!
The amount of modifications varies depending on which 4L60 you decide to run. The earlier transmissions with the integrated bellhousing require less work than the later transmissions with the removable bellhousing.
No fabrication is required for the install and all of the structure under the dash can be retained. The dash does not need to be removed. The trans tunnel requires hammering in the transition area where the tunnel area meets the bellhousing area and where the bellhousing area meets the firewall. This is the area where the amount of denting will vary on which trans used. Additionally, the trans tunnel will need hammering along the sides around the bottom for clearing the sides of the trans pan. Lastly, the actual mounting point on the car will need to be cut on the passenger side. Please look at our 4L60 trans mount, and you will see that the passenger side of the mount only uses 2 of the three mounting holes. The mount location interferes with the trans pan which is why it needs to be cut out.