The LOJ Conversions Gen III/IV Chevrolet LS Engine into 300ZX Twin-Turbo Basic Swap kit is the most economical engine installation package available for the 1990-1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin-Turbo. This kit has been engineered specifically for the 300ZX to make the installation of your LS engine as simple as possible. Every component required to successfully bolt an LSx Gen 3 or 4 engine into your Twin-Turbo 300ZX is included with this kit.
This kit uses your stock 300ZX Manual Transmission (NA or TT)
The BASIC Kit Includes:
- LOJ LSx to 300ZX Motor Mounts (CNC Cut and Bent Motor Mount Brackets, Billet Aluminum Mount Pedestals with Energy Suspension Polyurethane Inserts, Brackets are powdercoated for durability and include hardware)
- LOJ 300ZX Swap Transmission Mount for Z32 300ZX (Transmission is Relocated to the rear 3"/75mm)
- LOJ LSx to 300ZX Oil Pan (6.5qt* Capacity, Road Race Baffling, Anti-Slosh Baffling, Dipstick, Pickup Tube, Gasket, Hardware - Zinc-Plated Steel Construction)
- LOJ 300ZX Swap Shortened Shift Linkage (to keep shifter in stock location after transmission relocation)
- LOJ LSx Swap Heater Block (to prevent cavatation induced overheating from Nissan heat control valve)
- LOJ LSx to 300ZX Heater Core Outlets
- LOJ Z32 Transmission to LSx Adapter Plate
- LOJ Billet Aluminum Flywheel manufactured by Clutchmasters (300ZX Flywheel accepts 350Z/G35/R32GTR/Z32NA Clutch and uses a TT ring gear, Starter shim included for NA transmission use)
- Twin-Turbo Driveshaft Optional (Steel/Aluminum; 2+0/2+2) You MUST either purchase a new driveshaft, or have your existing driveshaft shortened by 3" (75mm)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use a T56/TR6060?
- Yes, please see out swap kit for GM transmissions by clicking here.
- Why use the 300ZX transmission then?
- Our swap kit was designed from the get-go to use the stock Nissan 5-Speed. There are several reasons for this:
- The RS5R30A transmission found in the Z32 300ZX is a VERY STOUT transmission. This is the same transmission that is found in the R32 and R33 Nissan Skyline GTRs, just in RWD guise. It is robust, has ample aftermarket support, and can be found inexpensively.
- The T56/TR6060, while great transmissions, are expensive and difficult to come by. Our complete swap kit costs about the same as a T56/TR6060 and an aftermarket aluminum flywheel!
- Most folks performing this swap will have an easier time finding an LS engine from an automatic equipped vehicle. Our kit saves you the trouble of finding a T56 and includes a billet aluminum flywheel to boot.
- You're moving the transmission, do I need a new driveshaft?
- Yes, and a new driveshaft is available with our kit! If you do not want to buy a new driveshaft, you CAN have your stock driveshaft or aftermarket 1-piece driveshaft shortened. We can perform this service for $150+shipping if you'd like. There is an approximate 1-week turnaround time for this service. Please contact us for more information.
- Regardless of Transmission Used (NA or TT), an NA Clutch is required.
- What about my stock automatic transmission?
- Our adapter plate will allow the stock automatic transmission (Turbo RE4R03A or NA RE5R03A) to physically bolt to the engine. However, we do not stock flexplates that will allow the converter to attach. We can make these on a special order basis, please contact us for more information. Please keep in mind, the GM PCM can not control the Z32 transmission. This will the require the user to purchase and program a standalone transmission controller. Furthermore, the NA transmission was not designed to handle the power of even a stock 5.3L LM4. If you would like to stay auto, we highly recommend our kit for using the 4L60E.
- Will this kit require any modifications to my transmission?
- No modifications are required when using a TT Transmission, an NA transmission will require slight bellhousing clearancing, which is covered in the instructions. You can view the instructions here.
- Will an NA 300ZX Clutch hold up to the power output of these engines? Why not use the TT Clutch??
- The 300ZX Twin Turbo 250mm clutch is unique to the TT, and as a result, there are very few suppliers for pressure plates which raises costs and decreases options. The Non-Turbo 240mm clutch bolt pattern is shared with the R32 Skyline GTR, 350Z, 370Z, G35, G37, and others. Because of this diversity, Non-Turbo clutches are cheaper and available in HIGHER torque ratings than TT clutches!!! Don't believe the TT Clutch Hype!!!
- I've never heard of LOJ before, how can I trust your flywheel?
- All of our flywheels are manufactured exclusively for LOJ by Clutchmasters whom have a stellar reputation in the sport compact community for quality and durability.
- Will this kit require any modifications to my car?
- Yes, There is one 2"x2" area in the transmission tunnel that will need to be dented to clear the speedometer sensor. This is under the passenger seat area and does not affect any clearances within the car. There is also clearancing required for the starter, since the transmission and starter assembly is moved to the rear with this kit. This is all covered in the instructions, which can be downloaded on our Support page.
- Can I use my short shifter?
- Yes, any shifter that will work with the Z32 300ZX will work with our bracket.