Flywheel design allows the use of both NA, TT, and 350Z Clutches. The flywheels are drilled for both 350Z/NA and TT Pressure Plate Bolt Patterns. The clutch cover alignment dowls are included but not installed in the flywheel. The flywheel is laser etched for both the NA and TT locations making installation of the dowels a breeze. The Adapter Plates and Dust Shields are hard anodized black and laser engraved for lasting good looks.
The LOJ Conversions Gen III/IV Small Block Chevy to Nissan VG30DE(TT) (1990-1996 300ZX) Transmission Adapter is the first of its kind produced for the Nissan enthusiast. The straight-forward approach and overall simple design will allow a seamless integration of any 3rd, 4th, or 5th Generation Chevrolet Small Block with the readily available and robust RS5R30A Nissan Transmission found in the Z32 300ZX. The adapter plate design incorporates a 360* mounting surface and mounts to GM factory style cast oil pans for enhanced rigidity. This design also allows removal of transmission without removing the adapter plate from the engine, and a dust/inspection shield has been added for use with fabricated-style oil pans.
- Billet Aluminum Flywheel, 18lbs Rotating Mass, and fully rebuildable with user removable friction surface, includes torque plate. Friction Surface is 250mm in diameter and is compatible with both 350Z, R32 GTR, 300ZX Non-Turbo, and 300Zx Twin Turbo clutches.
- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Transmission Adapter Plate fabricated from USA Sourced Metallurgically Certified Heat Treated Aluminum.
- Pilot Bushing made from Bearing Bronze
- Integrated Dust Shield
- Mild Steel Starter Shim for compatibility with Non-Turbo Transmissions
- Zinc-Plated Grade 8.8 or Higher Hardware
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will this kit require any modifications to my transmission?
- No modifications are required when using a TT Transmission, an NA transmission will require slight bellhousing clearancing, which is covered in the instructions. You can view the instructions on our support page.
- Regardless of Transmission Used (NA or TT), an NA, TT, or 350Z Clutch is required.
- Will a 350Z Clutch hold up to the power output of these engines? Why not use the TT Clutch??
- The 300ZX Twin Turbo 250mm clutch's pressure plate design is unique to the TT, and as a result, there are very few suppliers for upgraded pressure plates which raises costs and decreases options. The Non-Turbo 240mm clutch bolt pattern is shared with the R32 Skyline GTR, 350Z, 370Z, G35, G37, and others. Because of this diversity, 350Z clutches are cheaper and available in HIGHER torque ratings than TT clutches!!! Don't believe the TT Clutch Hype!!!
- I've never heard of LOJ before, how can I trust your flywheel?
- All of our flywheels are manufactured exclusively for LOJ by Clutchmasters whom have a stellar reputation in the sport compact community for quality and durability. Additionally, all of our flywheels are fully rebuildable, if you wear out the friction surface, a new one can be ordered for you, just give us a call!
- I'm not installing in a 300ZX, what do I need from a Z to make this work in my custom application?
- Z32 NA or TT 300ZX TransmissionoZ32 NA or TT StarteroZ32 NA or TT Clutch fork, release bearing, and slave cylinderoZ32 Speed Sensor (optional if needed)oWe designed this kit so that everything from the flywheel friction surface rearward would be original to the Nissan
Download Instructions (PDF)