ALL NEW FOR 2023!!!
The LOJ Conversions Gen III/IV Small Block Chevy to Nissan VG30DE(TT) (1990-1996 300ZX) High Clearance Transmission Adapter is the first of its kind produced for the Nissan enthusiast. The straight-forward approach and overall simple design will allow a seamless integration of any 3rd or 4th Generation Chevrolet Small Block with the readily available and robust RS5R30A Nissan Transmission found in the Z32 300ZX. The adapter plate design incorporates a 360* mounting surface and mounts to GM factory style cast oil pans for enhanced rigidity. This design also allows removal of transmission without removing the adapter plate from the engine.
Flywheel design allows the use of both NA, TT, and 350Z Clutches. The flywheels are drilled for both 350Z/NA and TT Pressure Plate Bolt Patterns and include an integrated pilot bearing, eliminating the pilot bushing alltogether. The clutch cover alignment dowls are included but not installed in the flywheel. The flywheel is laser etched for both the NA/350Z (B) and TT (A) locations making installation of the dowels a breeze.
- Billet Aluminum Flywheel, 18lbs Rotating Mass, and fully rebuildable with user removable friction surface, includes integrated pilot bearing. Friction Surface is 250mm in diameter and is compatible with both 350Z, R32 GTR, 300ZX Non-Turbo, and 300Zx Twin Turbo clutches.
- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Transmission Adapter Plate fabricated from USA Sourced Metallurgically Certified Heat Treated Aluminum with integrated dust shield.
- High-Torque Mini-Starter, mounted tight to the engine block instead of the stock Z32 location.
- Zinc-Plated Grade 8.8 or Higher Hardware
- Requires grinding of inside of bellhousing to clear ring gear and cutting of bellhousing to clear starter snout!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will this kit require any modifications to my engine or transmission?
- Yes! Requires grinding of inside of bellhousing to clear ring gear and cutting of bellhousing to clear starter snout!
- Yes! Requires removing one casting boss from the side of the engine block. (See photos)
Regardless of Transmission Used (NA or TT), an NA, TT, or 350Z Clutch is required.
- Will a 350Z Clutch hold up to the power output of these engines? Why not use the TT Clutch??
- The 300ZX Twin Turbo 250mm clutch's pressure plate design is unique to the TT, and as a result, there are very few suppliers for upgraded pressure plates which raises costs and decreases options. The Non-Turbo 240mm clutch bolt pattern is shared with the R32 Skyline GTR, 350Z, 370Z, G35, G37, and others. Because of this diversity, 350Z clutches are cheaper and available in HIGHER torque ratings than TT clutches!!! Don't believe the TT Clutch Hype!!!
- I'm not installing in a 300ZX, what do I need from a Z to make this work in my custom application?
- Z32 NA or TT 300ZX TransmissionoZ32 NA or TT StarteroZ32 NA or TT Clutch fork, release bearing, and slave cylinderoZ32 Speed Sensor (optional if needed)oWe designed this kit so that everything from the flywheel friction surface rearward would be original to the Nissan
Detailed Instructions Coming Soon! (PDF)