Available for Pre-Order! Will begin shipping in May 2023!
This is simply the best 6-speed option for your Gen 3 Hemi Powered Hotrod next to the TR6060 transmission! The 2005+ Nissan Frontier 6-Speed Manual Transmission shares its architecture with the robust Nissan 350Z CD009 transmission (The 350Z transmissions have been proven to hold 700+HP). However, the Frontier version is in a case that makes it much better for swaps into classic muscle cars and trucks. Why? Because it has a top-mounted shifter instead of a remote shifter, and a bellhousing large enough to accept a 11.5" clutch and flywheel assembly that is the same size as a stock LSx application.
The LOJ Conversions Gen 3 Hemi to Nissan VQ40DE (2005-2015 Xterra / Frontier) Manual Transmission Adapter is the first of its kind produced for the Mopar Hemi Swapping community.
- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Transmission Adapter Plate fabricated from USA Sourced Metallurgically Certified Heat Treated Aluminum. Hard-Anodized Black for long lasting good looks and durability.
- LOJ Billet Steel Flywheel. This flywheel will accept any stock LS Clutch Pressure Plate designed for the C5 Corvette, or you can add one as an option to your adapter kit. Yes, we chose to use an LS Based Clutch for your Mopar because they're cheaper and more readily available.
- Pilot Bearing INTEGRATED INTO the billet flywheel!
- High Torque Mini-Starter on custom Billet AL Mounting Plate
- Custom LSx Clutch Setup (11.5" Diameter with Nissan Input Shaft Splines). These are available in the following styles:
- Full-Face Organic (FX100) [475 ft.lbs (Street Use)]
- Full-Face Dual-Friction Organic/Fiber Tough Disk (FX250) [500 ft.lbs (Street Use)]
- Full-Face Fiber Tough Disk (FX350) [525 ft.lbs (Street / Mild Abuse)]
- 6-Puck Ceramic (FX400) [600 ft.lbs (Moderate / Heavy Abuse)]
- Full Face Ceramic (FX400L) [600 ft.lbs (Moderate / Heavy Abuse)]
- Zinc-Plated Grade 8.8 or Higher Hardware
- Release Bearing
What else is needed?
- Frontier transmission assembly with shifter.
- Frontier clutch release hardware. (Clutch release bearing sleeve, clutch fork, clutch slave cylinder)
Some important transmission features to note:
- Adapter will allow starter to be mounted on either side of the engine, depending which side is chosen, different bellhousing modifications will be required to clear starter snout.
- Shifter is 26.5" back from the engine block including the thickness of the adapter plate.
- Transmission is a 6-Speed manual, fully synchronized, SINGLE overdrive. (5th is 1:1). This transmission is better suited for taller final drive ratios, see graph below.
- Transmission is compatible with standard Chevy style transmission mount bushings available from Energy Suspension. Mount position is 31" from engine block.
- Driveshaft yolks are available in 1310, 1330, and 1350 style.
- Clutch Release is Hydraulic with and external slave cylinder. Recommended master cylinder diameter is 5/8" to 3/4" depending on available pedal throw.
- Reverse lockout is a mechanical lockout integrated into shifter. Push shifter down and move right to reach reverse. Reverse is to the right and down. (T56 is to the right and up)
- Used transmissions run between $600-1250, brand new transmissions are under $2300!
Gear Ratio Comparison
The above image overlays the gear spread between the Frontier transmission when paired with a 3.07:1 Diff Ratio (The most common C10 rear end) and a Wide Ratio T56 Magnum paired with a 4.10:1 Diff Ratio.
- 2005-2015 Nissan Xterra 2WD/4WD VQ40DE Manual Transmission (D50)
- 2004-2015 Nissan Frontier 2WD/4WD VQ40DE Manual Transmission (D40)
- 2004-2015 Nissan Navara 2WD/4WD VQ40DE Manual Transmission (D40)
- 2008-2012 Suzuki Equator 2WD/4WD VQ40DE Manual Transmission (D40)
Instructions Coming Soon
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will this kit require any modifications to my transmission?
- Yes, a small reinforcing rib inside of the transmission will need to be removed to make clearance for the Starter snout. This will not effect the ability to use this transmission on a VQ40 again at a later date.
What Hemi Engines Work With This Adapter?
Any Gen 3 Hemi V8 Engine with an 8-Bolt Crankshaft, this includes the following engine displacements and associated vehicle models:
- 5.7L All Years
- 2003–present Ram Pickup
- 2004–2009, 2011–Present Dodge Durango
- 2005–2008 Dodge Magnum R/T
- 2005–present Chrysler 300C, 300S V8 (2010, 2012–Present)
- 2005–present Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 2006–present Dodge Charger R/T
- 2006–2010 Jeep Commander
- 2007–2009 Chrysler Aspen
- 2009–present Dodge Challenger R/T
- 2022–present Jeep Wagoneer
- 6.1L All Years
- 2005–2010 Chrysler 300C SRT-8
- 2006–2008 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
- 2006–2010 Dodge Charger SRT-8
- 2006–2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8
- 2008–2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8
- 6.2L Hellcat All Years
- 2015–Present Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
- 2015–Present Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
- 2018–2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
- 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
- 2017 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept
- 2021–Present Ram 1500 TRX
- 6.2L Demon All Years
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
- 6.4L All Years
- Chrysler 300 SRT
- Dodge Challenger SRT 392
- Dodge Charger SRT 392
- Dodge Durango SRT
- Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
- Jeep Grand Wagoneer
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
- 2500 and 3500 Pickup, 3500 SRW Cab Chassis
- 3500 Mega Cab, 3500 DRW Cab Chassis with RFE transmission, 3500 SRW/DRW
- 4500 and 5500