Special introductory pricing!
KEEP YOUR AUTOMATIC CRANKSHAFT! Little known fact, if you try to put a T56 behind an LT engine that had an auto behind it, you need to replace the crankshaft! They are not machined for the T56 input shaft! However, where the LOJ Pilot Bushing Installs is compatible with BOTH LT Manual and LT Automatic crankshafts!
This is simply the best 6-speed option for your Chevy Truck or Hotrod next to the T56 transmission! The 2005+ Nissan Frontier 6-Speed Manual Transmission shares its architecture with the robust Nissan 350Z CD009 transmission (The 350Z transmissions have been proven to hold 700+HP). However, the Frontier version is in a case that makes it much better for swaps into classic muscle cars and trucks. Why? Because it has a top-mounted shifter instead of a remote shifter, and a bellhousing large enough to accept a clutch and flywheel assembly that is the same size as a stock LSx application.
The LOJ Conversions Gen III/IV Small Block Chevy (LTx) to Nissan VQ40DE (2005-2015 Xterra / Frontier) Manual Transmission Adapter is the first of its kind produced for the LS Swapping community.
- 6.2L LT1 (2014+ Corvette, 2016+ Camaro)
- 6.2L LT4, (2015+ Corvette Z06, 2016+ CTSV, 2017+ Camaro ZL1)
- 6.2L L86 (2014+ Silverado/Sierra, Yukon, Escalade)
- 6.2L LT5 (2019+ Corvette ZR1)
- 5.3L L83 (2014+ Silverado/Sierra, Tahoe/Yukon, Suburban/Yukon XL)
- 4.3L LV3 (2014+ Silverado/Sierra V6)
- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Transmission Adapter Plate fabricated from USA Sourced Metallurgically Certified Heat Treated Aluminum. Hard-Anodized Black for long lasting good looks and durability.
- LOJ Billet Steel Flywheel. This flywheel will accept any stock LS Clutch Pressure Plate designed for the C5 Corvette, or you can add one as an option to your adapter kit.
- Custom LSX Clutch Setup (11.5" Diameter with Nissan Input Shaft Splines). These are available in the following styles:
- Full-Face Organic (FX100)
- Full-Face Dual-Friction Organic/Fiber Tough Disk (FX250)
- Full-Face Fiber Tough Disk (FX350)
- 6-Puck Ceramic (FX400)
- Full Face Ceramic (FX400L)
- Zinc-Plated Grade 8.8 or Higher Hardware
- Pilot Bushing
- Release Bearing
What else is needed?
- Frontier transmission assembly with shifter.
- Frontier clutch release hardware. (Clutch release bearing sleeve, clutch fork, clutch slave cylinder)
- Stock LSx Truck Starter (Auto or Manual)
Some important transmission features to note:
- Shifter is 26.5" back from the engine block including the thickness of the adapter plate.
- Transmission is a 6-Speed manual, fully syncronized, SINGLE overdrive. (5th is 1:1). This transmission is better suited for taller final drive ratios, see graph below.
- Transmission is compatible with standard Chevy style transmission mount bushings available from Energy Suspension. Mount position is 31" from engine block.
- Driveshaft yolks are available in 1310, 1330, and 1350 style.
- Clutch Release is Hydraulic with and external slave cylinder. Recommended master cylinder diameter is 5/8" to 3/4" depending on available pedal throw.
- Reverse lockout is a mechanical lockout integrated into shifter. Push shifter down and move right to reach reverse. Reverse is to the right and down. (T56 is to the right and up)
- Used transmissions run between $400-750, brand new transmissions are under $2000!
Gear Ratio Comparison
The above image overlays the gear spread between the Frontier transmission when paired with a 3.07:1 Diff Ratio (The most common C10 rear end) and a Wide Ratio T56 Magnum paired with a 4.10:1 Diff Ratio.
- 2005-2015 Nissan Xterra 2WD/4WD VQ40DE Manual Transmission (D50)
- 2004-2015 Nissan Frontier 2WD/4WD VQ40DE Manual Transmission (D40)
- 2004-2015 Nissan Navara 2WD/4WD VQ40DE Manual Transmission (D40)
- 2008-2012 Suzuki Equator 2WD/4WD VQ40DE Manual Transmission (D40)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will this kit require any modifications to my transmission?
- Yes, a small reinforcing rib inside of the transmission will need to be removed to make clearance for the LS Starter snout. This will not effect the ability to use this transmission on a VQ40 again at a later date.