The LOJ Conversions Nissan RB (RB20, RB25, RB26, and RB30) to Nissan 350Z (2003-2006) Transmission Adapter is the first of its kind produced for the Nissan enthusiast. The straight-forward approach and overall simple design will allow a seamless integration of any RB Engine with the readily available and robust CD series (CD001 thru CD009 and CD00A) Nissan Transmission found in the Z33 350Z. The adapter plate design incorporates a 360* mounting surface and mounts to the RB oil pan braces for increased strength and ridgidity. This design also allows removal of transmission without removing the adapter plate from the engine,
- The adapter kit INCLUDES a flywheel.
- NO MILLING of your 350Z transmission, the flywheel accounts for the thickness of the adapter plate. That way your trans is still worth something in the future.
- 250mm CLUTCH - Flywheel is designed to run a 350Z clutch, which is 10mm LARGER than the stock 240mm RB clutch. Holds more power on a single disk setup!
- NO SPECIAL clutch release parts needed. Use the stock 350Z clutch fork, pivot ball, bearing retainer and release bearing. The flywheel was designed FOR this combination, so all the stock parts work!
The billet aluminum flywheel weighs just 17.2lbs and will accept and factory Nissan 350Z or RB single-disk clutch setup. The flywheel incorporates a replaceable 250mm clutch friction surface, so the flywheel can be easily serviced should your clutch need to be replaced.
- Billet Aluminum Flywheel
- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Transmission Adapter Plate fabricated from USA Sourced Metallurgically Certified Heat Treated Aluminum and hard anodized for long lasting good looks and durability.
- Zinc-Plated Grade 8.8 or Higher Hardware
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Which RB Engines will this adapter work with?
- RB20DE and RB20DET
- RB25DE and RB25DET
- Will this kit require any modifications to my transmission?
- No modifications are required
- Will this adapter work with the 350Z HR or 370Z transmissions?
- Unfortunately not, these transmissions have a different bolt pattern, and that bolt pattern has features that interfere with critical locations on the RB engine. There is no way to successfully adapt the two without making the adapter prohibitively thick or changing the angle of the engine to the transmission dramatically.
- What other parts will I need?
- The kit requires the use of the RB engine spacer plate, this plate locates the starter and is critical for proper starter arrangement. This is a stock part commonly included with all RB engines.
- What about the clutch hydraulics?
- This adapter allows you to use all of the stock 350Z clutch release parts. You will use the 350Z clutch fork, pivot, release bearing sleeve and release bearing.