NEW for May 2021 - This adapter now works with BOTH RB AND KA Engines!
The LOJ Conversions Nissan RB (RB20, RB25, RB26, and RB30) and KA** (KA24E, KA24DE) to Nissan 350Z (2003-2006) Transmission Adapter is the first of its kind produced for the Nissan enthusiast. The straight-forward approach and overall simple design will allow a seamless integration of any RB or KA Engine with the readily available and robust CD series (CD001 thru CD009 and CD00A) Nissan Transmission found in the Z33 350Z. The adapter plate design incorporates a 360* mounting surface and mounts to the RB/KA oil pan braces for increased strength and ridgidity. This design also allows removal of transmission without removing the adapter plate from the engine,
- The adapter kit INCLUDES a flywheel.
- The adapter plate is machined with a configurable upper engine dowel locator. The RB and KA dowel are in different locations, but their positions overlap. Rather than machining two dowel holes over each other which results in poor alignment, the adapter has a removeable dowel positioner configurable for either engine.
- NO MILLING of your 350Z transmission, the flywheel accounts for the thickness of the adapter plate. That way your trans is still worth something in the future.
- 250mm CLUTCH - Flywheel is designed to run a 350Z clutch, which is 10mm LARGER than the stock 240mm RB/KA clutch. Holds more power on a single disk setup!
- NO SPECIAL clutch release parts needed. Use the stock 350Z clutch fork, pivot ball, bearing retainer and release bearing. The flywheel was designed FOR this combination, so all the stock parts work!
The billet aluminum flywheel weighs just 17.2lbs and will accept and factory Nissan 350Z or RB single-disk clutch setup. The flywheel incorporates a replaceable 250mm clutch friction surface, so the flywheel can be easily serviced should your clutch need to be replaced.
- Billet Aluminum Flywheel
- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Transmission Adapter Plate fabricated from USA Sourced Metallurgically Certified Heat Treated Aluminum and hard anodized for long lasting good looks and durability.
- Zinc-Plated Grade 8.8 or Higher Hardware
**KA Engines will require the user to drill out the threads on the starter so the starter mounting studs can pass through the starter and be secured with mounting nuts.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Which RB Engines will this adapter work with?
- RB20DE and RB20DET
- RB25DE and RB25DET
- Which KA Engines will this adapter work with?
- Will this kit require any modifications to my transmission?
- Yes, a window needs to be cut in the bellhousing to clear the snout of the KA/RB starter. However, this is in a spot on the transmission where there are no mounting holes, and the bellhousing does not need to be milled to account for the thickness of the adapter like other adapters on the market. What does this mean? You can use the trans on another application in the future if you'd like.
- Will this adapter work with the 350Z HR or 370Z transmissions?
- Unfortunately not, these transmissions have a different bolt pattern, and that bolt pattern has features that interfere with critical locations on the RB engine. There is no way to successfully adapt the two without making the adapter prohibitively thick or changing the angle of the engine to the transmission dramatically.
- What other parts will I need?
- The kit requires the use of the RB/KA engine spacer plate, this plate locates the starter and is critical for proper starter arrangement. This is a stock part commonly included with all RB/KA engines.
- What about the clutch hydraulics?
- This adapter allows you to use all of the stock 350Z clutch release parts. You will use the 350Z clutch fork, pivot, release bearing sleeve and release bearing.