Build your own AWD Manual Transmission VQ or VR Powered Infiniti!! The LOJ Conversions VQ/VR Engine to Nissan Skyline GTR Transmission Adapter is the first of its kind produced for the Nissan and Infiniti enthusiast. This adapter allows any of the the robust R32 / R33 / R34 Nissan Skyline GTR 5 & 6-Speed AWD Manual Transmissions to be bolted up directly to the Nissan VR30DDTT, VQ37VHR**, and VQ35HR** engines that were found in many AWD Infiniti Sports Cars and SUVs. Precise digital measurement with Creaform 3D Scanning Technology ensures proper fitment and alignment with all available mounting holes. This adapter includes a billet aluminum adapter plate, a billet aluminum flywheel with integrated pilot bushing, and all necessary hardware.
- Uses VQ/VR starter and automatic trans flexplate, which allows the stock CAM Angle Sensor to be retained.
- Uses all available mounting holes for maximum assembly rigidity for high horsepower applications.
- Uses all available alignment dowels for proper transmission to engine alignment maximizing assembly life.
- Flywheel incorporates a pilot bushing retainer due to overall adapter thickness for proper input shaft support.
- Adapter plate includes clearance provisions for both the stock VQ35HR. VQ37VHR, and VR30DDTT crank position sensors.
- Standard flywheel will accept any single disk GTR or 350Z clutch. Can also be upgraded to a 10" (FX1000) twin disk clutch and flywheel (optional)
- Clutches are compatible with the stock GTR clutch release hardware.
- VR30DDTT (Infiniti Q50 and Q60 AWD)
- VQ37VHR (Infiniti G37X, EX37, QX50 AWD, Q50 AWD, FX37, QX70 AWD, M37X, Q70 AWD))
- VQ35HR (07-08 Infiniti G35X, EX35 AWD, 09-12 FX35 AWD, 09-10 M35X)
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH VQ35DE ENGINES!!!!!
**NOTE: VQ37VHR and VQ35HR engines will not utilize all mounting holes to the adapter plate. One hole from the oil pan to the engine will not be used, two other holes from the oil pan to the engine will require slotting the holes in the oil pan for proper alignment to the holes in the adapter. All 8 holes on the engine block itself align properly and require no modification.
- 1989-1994 R32 Skyline GTR 5-Speed AWD Manual Transmission
- 1995-1998 R33 Skyline GTR 5-Speed AWD Manual Transmission
- 1998-2002 R34 Skyline GTR 6-Speed AWD Getrag Manual Transmission
- Billet Aluminum Flywheel, 20lbs Rotating Mass, and fully rebuildable with user removable friction surface. Friction Surface is 250mm in diameter and is compatible with any stock GTR / 350Z single-disk clutch.
- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Transmission Adapter Plate fabricated from USA Sourced Metallurgically Certified Heat Treated Aluminum. Adapter Plate is 2.5" Thick
- OEM Skyline GTR Pilot Bushing pre-installed into Flywheel
- Zinc-Plated Grade 8.8 or Higher Hardware, Grade 12.9 flywheel bolts included.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will this kit require any modifications to my transmission?
- No, nothing on the transmission needs to be modified for the adapter to fit.
- Will this require any modifications to my engine?
- No, nothing on the engine needs to be modified to fit.
- How thick is this adapter?
- This adapter is 2.50" (63.5mm) thick.
What about driveshafts?
- LOJ Conversions can build custom front and rear driveshafts for the GTR transfer case to any front or rear differential. Once you have the transmission installed, simply contact us for information on ordering custom driveshafts.
- How do I control the transfer case?
- You must use the factory Skyline GTR ATTESA Hydraulic Pump to supply pressure to the transfer case clutch packs for proper operation. The transfer case in the late model Infiniti vehicles utilizes and electro-magnetic clutch pack, where the older GTRs utilized a hydraulically actuated clutch pack. Full Race Motorsports makes a standalone controller for the ATTESA pump called ETS-Pro to allow full user tuneability of the torque split in these swaps.