COMING SOON! Pre-order available NOW!
LOJ Conversions has THE answer to all of the high horsepower automatic transmission VQ35HR and VQ37VHR powered vehicles that are exceeding the limits of the stock Nissan and Infiniti 5 and 7 speed automatic transmissions.
The LOJ Conversions VQ35HR & VQ37VHR Engine to GM Transmission Adapter will allow you to bolt ANY GM automatic transmission behind your VQ35HR and VQ37VHR powered vehicles.
- Uses the stock Nissan/Infiniti starter.
- Uses the stock Nissan/Infiniti Flexplate, or for high horsepower builds (over 400WHP), can be upgraded with the LOJ Conversions Billet Aluminum Flexplate.
- Uses all available mounting holes for maximum assembly rigidity for high horsepower applications.
- Adapter plate includes clearance provisions for the stock crank position sensor.
- Available with a custom built Torque Converter suited to your engines powerband, or if you have a torque converter supplier you prefer, LOJ will provide dimensional drawings for proper torque converter build.
- Infiniti G35 Sedan (2007-2008)
- Nissan 350Z (2007-2009)
- Infiniti M35 (2009-2010)
- Infiniti EX35 (All Years)
- Infiniti FX35 (2009-2012)
- Infiniti G37 Coupe and Sedan (All Years)
- Nissan 370Z (All Years)
- Infiniti M37 (All Years)
- Infiniti Q40 (2014-2015)
- Infiniti Q50 (2014-2015)
- Infiniti Q60 (2014-2015)
- Infiniti EX37 (All Years)
- Infiniti QX50 (2015-2016)
- Infiniti FX37 (2013)
- Non-Electronic Automatics: *
- GM Powerglide
- GM TH350
- GM TH400
- GM 700R4
- Electronic Automatics: **
- GM 4L60E/4L65E/4L70E/4L75E
- GM 4L80
- GM 6L80/6L90
- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Transmission Adapter Plate fabricated from USA Sourced Metallurgically Certified Heat Treated Aluminum.
- Zinc-Plated Grade 8.8 or Higher Hardware
*Certain GM automatic transmissions are non-electronic. This means there are no computers required to control the transmission and your engine computer operating system needs to be set up as if a manual transmission is behind it, as it will see no feedback from a transmission computer. These include the Powerglide, TH350, TH400, and 700R4. These transmissions will need to be set up with manually shifted valve bodies, and you will drive them like a clutchless manual transmission. The 700R4 is a non-electronic auto, but it does have overdrive and a lockup torque converter. You can control the lockup converter with a simple vacuum actuated switch, which was a common method of control in the original GM vehicles they came fitted to.
**Other GM transmissions are electronic. This means you will need some sort of standalone transmission computer to control them. These include the 4L60/65/70/75, the 4L80, and the 6L80/90. Your engine computer will still need to be set up with a manual transmission operating system, but you will also be required to provide a throttle position input and engine RPM input to the standalone transmission computer for the trans to shift properly.
All of these options require a custom torque converter, and LOJ has worked with FTI Performance to provide these converter options. Non-lockup converters are simple and reliable devices that can be built for a host of power levels. If a converter is not a locking converter, this means it will always have a non-direct feel while driving, even at highway speeds. Lockup converters lock to direct drive when commanded. This gives a 1:1 direct drive and was originally intended to improve fuel economy. This often gives the feeling of an "extra gear" at highway speeds, as the RPM drops a bit more as the converter locks. When additional throttle is applied, the clutch will unlock to prevent damage to the lockup clutches. Triple-disk lockup converters are designed to be locked at full throttle for improved power delivery. For more information about the available converter options, please contact FTI directly. (click here)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will this kit require any modifications to my transmission?
- It Depends, a small area on the inside of the bellhousing will need to be modified to clear the snout of the Nissan/Infiniti starter on certain transmission models, others will work with no modification at all. If the transmission you are using has a bellhousing that does not have a complete 360* mating surface, no modifications will be required.
- Will this require any modifications to my engine?
- How thick is this adapter?
- This adapter is 0.875" (22.2mm) thick.
- Will a stock VQ flexplate hold up to the power output of these engines?
- The stock VQ flexplate is good for up to 400WHP. We recommend our billet flexplate above this power level. If you decide to run the stock flexplate initially and upgrade later, no modifications are required, it is a direct bolt-in.
- What torque converter do I run?
- The adapter REQUIRES a custom torque converter. Basically the internals and transmission side of the converter are all GM, but the crankshaft pilot and bolt pattern are built to replicate the Nissan/Infiniti pattern. LOJ has the required dimensional data to properly build these converters and we work with FTI Transmissions to build all of our custom converters. If you have another converter supplier you would like to use, LOJ will gladly supply the requisite data for converter constructions, but makes no guarantees to fitment.